Research and Development Work (3 cr)
19.04.2021 - 06.09.2021
30.08.2021 - 17.12.2021
- Degree Programme in Food Processing and Biotechnology
- Anu Latva-Reinikka
- Sari Rimpelä
- Margit Närvä
Student will be able to define and implement different concepts of research and various research methods. Student can independently utilise different opportunities of information retrieval in his/her own field and is able to critically evaluate different information. Student has basic knowledge of statistical analysis and is able to carry out a statistical research including research plan, implementing and reporting. He is also able to evaluate the results of the work and the whole process. Student can take into consideration the ethics of the research work. Student knows the conventions of academic writing and is able to draw up a research report which meets the demands of the style and the structure. Student has skills for producing thesis.
- implementation of basic research concepts and methods
- web search, databases and information sources of the field
- evaluation and developing of the information retrieval, evaluation and use of the information
- basics of statistical mathematics and statistics
- compilation of statistical research project
Hirsjärvi, S., Remes, P. & Sajavaara, P. 2009. Tutki ja kirjoita. 15. uud. p. Helsinki: Tammi.
Assessment criteria, approved/failed
The student participates actively and returns the tasks acceptably. The student can acquire information. The student knows the basic concepts of the statistics and can manage the quantitative research. The student is familiar with the thesis process.
Introduction to Research and Development
Introduction to Project Work