Perioperative Nursing - Simulations (3 op)
Toteutuksen tunnus: BA00CW08-3001
25.10.2021 - 13.03.2022
22.03.2022 - 29.05.2022
Seinäjoen Ammattikorkeakoulu Oy
SeAMK Seinäjoki, Kampustalo
- Degree Programme in Nursing
- Avoin amk
- Niina Keskinen
- Terhi Haapala
IEPN22SSneak Peek of Finnish Nursing Education
RN20Degree Programme in Nursing, Nursing Branch, Registered Nurse, RN, (UAS)
RN19Degree Programme in Nursing, Nursing Branch, Registered Nurse, RN, (UAS)
The student deepens simulation skills and uses internal entrepreneurship to maintain and develop skills in nursing. The student simulates in basic perioperative tasks and uses evidence- based knowledge. The student learns the principles of perioperative care and ethics. Legislation and care pathway of the patient. Patient education and guidance in perioperative nursing. Aseptic work in perioperative care and sustainable development.
In ways of simulation: The student learns perioperative care and multi-professional team work. Instrumental and anesthesia work. Documentation in perioperative nursing, most common sedative medications and pain medications. Assessing and monitoring the patient in pre-, intra- and postoperative care and supporting vital functions. Counselling and health education for the patient and his/ her next-of-kin.
- The student has not actively participated in online studies and in simulations.
- The student has not done the required tasks.
- The student does not follow professionalism in simulations.
- The student does not work aseptically in simulations.
- The student takes and/ or gives feedback in an unprofessional manner.
- The student does not participate in discussions in simulations.
Registered Nurse's Core Competencies Modules I-II
Medication and fluid care I
SeAMK DP in Nursing in-coming exchange students can participate in these simulations.
Students from Finnish nursing programme can participate in these simulations.