Material engineering laboratory work (4 cr)
03.12.2021 - 23.01.2022
10.01.2022 - 27.02.2022
- Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering
- Jussi Yli-Hukkala
Upon completion of the course, students will competent in:
- designing and manufacturing a product while considering the demands of the product and manufacturing.
- recognising requirements of standards for a product.
- independently carrying out research.
- Designing, drawing, dimensioning and manufacturing a product
- Independent use of the machines in an engineering shop
- Making samples and analysing them
Material provided by the teacher
Lectures, laboratory exercises
Conctact teaching 24h, independent work 24h
Assessment criteria, satisfactory (1)
Level 1-2: The student can use modern planning tools for the planning of the product and he is able to use the manual machines for making of parts.
Assessment criteria, good (3)
Level 3-4: The student knows the demands of standards to the product to be made and is able to design and is able to carry out it.
Assessment criteria, excellent (5)
Level 5: The student can adapt the properties of material to the manufacturing method, to the standards and the modern tools into use.
Assessment methods and criteria
No previous studies are required.