Creating Websites (3 cr)
01.05.2021 - 30.09.2021
06.09.2021 - 22.12.2021
- Bachelor of Business Administration, DP in International Business
- Gateway to International Business
- Osmo Mäkiniemi
IGWIB21FGateway to International Business
Students are able to explain the significance of web services for enterprises and other organisations. They can design and create websites using standard HTML5, CSS and web publishing software. Students are able to publish web pages on the Internet.
- Significance of online services for businesses and other organizations
- Implementation of online services
- Tools for designing and implementing standard-based online services
- Online services implementation (HTML5, CSS, web publishing software)
- Publication of a website
Material provided by the teacher.
- lectures and guided practice
- independent work
There is no exam in this course.
- lectures and guided practice 24 h
- independent work 57 h
Assessment criteria, satisfactory (1)
Students are able to define the basic concepts of online business. Students are able to create simple web pages using web publishing software. They can write and use basic HTML5 and CSS stylesheet codes. They are able to publish web pages on a web server.
Assessment criteria, good (3)
Students are able to implement and publish web pages using a web publishing software and HTML5 and CSS style sheet language. Students are able to pay attention to the usability of websites implementation.
Assessment criteria, excellent (5)
Students are able to design, implement and publish a website using different techniques. Students can consider a website for usability and accessibility. Students are able to assess the significance of the site for business.
Assessment methods and criteria
Students are also advised to take a course in web graphics and e-business.