Supervised Clinical Training in Gerontological Nursing (7 cr)
01.05.2021 - 12.09.2021
11.10.2021 - 14.11.2021
- Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing
- Anita Keski-Hirvi
- Tarja Knuuttila
The student can implement multi-professional gerontological nursing care while taking into consideration the patient's age, life situation, the requirements of ethicality and the care and service setting. The student is able to plan, implement and evaluate nursing interventions for aged patients and family members facing common health changes and/or problems and/or crises. The student is competent in nursing documentation and oral reporting. The student uses evidence-based interventions developed for gerontological and dementia nursing care to help, support and counsel aged patients and family members. The student is able to safely plan, implement and evaluate drug and fluid care for aged patients. The student is able to comply with aseptic practice. The student is able to support and promote aged people's and family members' health and ability to function. The student is able to counsel and support aged patients and family members in self-care and rehabilitation. The student can evaluate his/her professional competence critically from the perspectives of strengths and development needs.
Practical training in placements which allow the student to practise gerontological nursing. eDrug Care Certificate. Assignments.
Assessment criteria, approved/failed
- is not familiar with or does not know how to adequately use gerontological nursing concepts
- uses the nursing scientific knowledge base narrowly and is not adequately familiar with sources of information in gerontological nursing
- does not adequately work with a client-centred approach in a responsible, ethical manner or observe patient safety in gerontological nursing
- is not adequately prepared to develop professionally or to contribute to the development of gerontological nursing
- does not sufficiently observe patient/client safety in gerontological work.