Introduction to Research and Development (2 cr)
19.04.2021 - 09.01.2022
10.01.2022 - 11.04.2022
- Degree Programme in Food Processing and Biotechnology
- Margit Närvä
The student is able to
- identify differences in scientific and everyday thinking
- define different approaches to research and basics concepts of research
- present the stages of a research process and reporting (structure)
- explain the importance of critical thinking in research and development work
- give examples of the meaning of research ethics
- scientific and everyday thinking
- general research ethics
- central research methods
- basic concepts and structure of research
- states of research process and report
- research&development approach to work
- Hirsjärvi, S., Remes, P. & Sajavaara, P. 2009. Tutki ja kirjoita. 15th edition. Helsinki: Tammi.
- SeUAS Thesis guidelines
- SeUAS Instructions for written work
- material provided by the teacher
Exercises in Moodle and lessons
independent studying 46h
Assessment criteria, satisfactory (1)
Assessment criteria, approved/failed
The student demonstrates the competencies defined as the learning goals of the course and acceptably carries out the possible assignments related to the course.
The student does not achieve the learning goals of the course and is not able to demonstrate their competencies.
Assessment methods and criteria
The student demonstrates the competencies defined as the learning goals of the course and acceptably carries out the assignments related to the course.
The student does not achieve the learning goals of the course and is not able to demonstrate his/her competencies.