Supervised Clinical Training in the Basics of Clinical Nursing (7 cr)
30.08.2021 - 31.12.2021
25.04.2022 - 29.05.2022
- Degree Programme in Nursing
- Degree Programme in Public Health Nursing
- Meri Matala-Aho
- Hanna Keski-Saari
-is able to use nursing interventions to respond to the patients' nursing needs and to implement structured documentation using uniform classification.
-is able to apply the principles of preventing infections and explain why this is important in clinical nursing.
-is able to assess resources of patients and families from different cultural backgrounds and support them in planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care.
-is able to plan, implement and evaluate evidence-based nursing interventions.
-takes a rehabilitation and resource-centered approach to his/her work with patients and family members of all ages.
-can assess needs for care using appropriate clinical and physiological tools or instruments, prioritize the findings and enter them into the structured documentation system.
-is able to plan, implement and evaluate patients' drug care.
The student can implement Finnish nutritional guidelines.
The student understands the principles of safety management and sustainable development and is aware of his/her responsibility in promoting these principles at the workplace.
The student can evaluate his/her professional competence critically from the perspectives of strengths and development needs.
Practical training in settings which allow the student to practice basic client-centred clinical nursing. Writing and presenting an assignment. eDrug Care Certificate. Competence test.
Assessment criteria, satisfactory (1)
Assessment criteria, approved/failed
- does not know how to seek information required in individual situations in client-centered clinical nursing.
- cannot demonstrate the ability to use the knowledge base of client-centered clinical nursing.
- does not make a difference between everyday knowledge and evidence-based knowledge in client-centered clinical nursing.
- is not competent to work in individual client-centered clinical nursing situations even if instructed.
- cannot demonstrate awareness of the ethical principles for registered nurses/ public health nurses in client-centered clinical nursing.
- is not competent to work as a member of a team or to share his/her knowledge in client-centered clinical nursing.
- is unable to analyse his/her strengths or development needs in client-centered clinical nursing.
workshops and simulation